This page is for my AP Biology students. I will post links to useful sites about topics as we cover them. These links are hand-picked for our course. They cover the material at just the right level of depth. Most can be viewed well on a phone or tablet.
Question? Email me at my Uncommon school address.
- From DNA to Protein animation at YouTube-in 2 min 42, complete overview of the process.
- Amoeba Sisters video on protein synthesis at YouTube. Love those Amoeba Sisters!
- University of Leicester Gene expression and regulation web page–text with pictures.
- Pearson Biology Place mini-lessons on transcription and translation–bite-sized lessons with animations and quizzes.
- Biology 114 page on the genetic code at Keyon College–especially strong on introns and exons.
- Nature SciTable page on ribosomes, transcription, and translation.
- DNA Learning Center animation of introns and exons; see links further down this page for more animations.
- More than you ever wanted to know about protein synthesis in Alberts’ Molecular Biology of the Cell: advanced treatment from the classic source.